40 years…gone, poof, just like that! I’ve been married as long as I haven’t. My kids will all be adults in the next 9 years. It’s all crazy, and it’s all got me thinking about what I hope the next 40 years holds for me.
1. 30, 40, 50, and 60 year anniversary
2. 5 kids no longer living in my home! It will happen eventually, right?
3. 5 kids who are people of great faith, who are happy in their lives
4. Son-in-laws, daughter-in-laws, and grandbabies, oh my!
5. Which must include weddings and parties, and celebrations galore. I don’t want to miss one!
6. A big house in the country with a wrap around porch, so I can drink in my surroundings from every angle.
7. Chickens and Guinea foul, I’ve always wanted chickens and Guinea foul, that’s normal isn’t it?
8. Goats, yup, want them too
9. A Bedlington terrier. It’s the worlds ugliest dog, but it just feels like something we’ve gotta do.
9. Visit as many national parks as I can manage
10. Spain, gotta go here ASAP
11. Australia, it’s a dream trip
12. Africa, Safari must
13. Bora Bora, I’ve always wanted to go get a Bora Bora bungalow
14. Marvel at Sunsets more, because I love them
15. Relax more, because my soul needs it
16. laugh more, because life is serious enough
17. Swear less, because my daughter hates it, and old ladies just shouldn’t say “shit” when they drop something…they just shouldn’t…
18. Keep reading like crazy. Have I mentioned I LOVE to read?
19. Keep accounts short and get over it, life is too short for grudges
20. Weekly intentional alone time with nothing but a glass of wine and my thoughts, I need me time
21. Weekly intentional time with the hubby, he needs me time 😉
22. Exercise, it is evil, but necessary
23. Stay connected to serving in some way
24. Keep cooking, it’s how I show love
25. Read the Bible in chronological order again
26. Say I love you to my hubby and kids every day
27. Visit with my mama as often as I can for as long as I have her
28. Never miss an annual sister trip
29. Keep blogging, it’s therapy
30. Keep a mentor
31. Be a mentor
32. I have at least 3 books in my head, write them
33. Might as well give being published a shot
34. Learn a new skill before I get too old to remember it
35. Be a tutu wearing, tea party having, race car driving, mud pie making kindof grandma one day
36. Quit sweating the small stuff and worry less, wrinkles don’t need help finding space on my face
37. Enjoy a really old bottle of wine!
38. I forgot Greece, I don’t know how though, because it’s Greece, and who wouldn’t want to go to Greece?
39. Make it all the way through life never seeing all those Star Wars movies!
40. Live the next 40 years. Really live them, and do my best to cherish every minute!